- Measure, cut, thread, or bend pipe to required angle, using hand or power tools or machines such as pipe cutters, pipe-threading machines, or pipe-bending machines.
- Direct helpers engaged in pipe cutting, preassembly, or installation of plumbing systems or components.
- Cut openings in structures to accommodate pipes or pipe fittings, using hand or power tools.
- Perform complex calculations and planning for special or very large jobs.
- Cut, thread, or hammer pipes to specifications, using tools such as saws, cutting torches, pipe threaders, or pipe benders.
- Communicate and enforce all safety regulations.
- Manage supplies, materials, and equipment.
- Coordinate essential personnel on-site for the project.
- Plan, direct and budget activities concerned with the construction of structures, facilities, or systems.
- Read and interpret site plans, construction drawings and scopes of work.
- Read specifications, such as blueprints, to determine construction requirements or to plan procedures.
- Inspect work progress, equipment, or construction sites to verify safety or to ensure that specifications are met.
- Locate, measure, and mark site locations or placement of structures or equipment, using measuring and marking equipment.
- Train workers in construction methods, operation of equipment, safety procedures, or company policies.
- Arrange for repairs of equipment or machinery.
- Management of the day to day operations of the stable;
- Trial days and Raceday attendance including saddling up, instructing riders and representation of trainer in his absence
- Coordination of staff (track riders and stablehands) and ensure training instructions and ground duties are completed diligently.
- Assist with general stablehand duties such as mucking out, rugging, feeding and watering horses.
- Maintaining equipment, supply & feed inventory
- Handling of difficult horses such as colts, stallions or nervous and uneducated young stock such as yearlings.
- Liaising with various horse transport company’s for incoming and outgoing horses from the stables
foreman/heavy equipment operator
- Ensuring the occupational health, safety and well-being all employees
- General stable maintenance and repairs when and if required
- Booking and overseeing farrier visits
- Client management and liaising with owners