- Teach Learner drivers how to operate and use a manual vehicle correctly and confidently
- Ensure students understand QLD road rules
- Ensure a relaxed, neutral learning environment for student confidence
- Have student’s perform safe manoeuvres correctly and safely as per QLD transport department road rules
- Adapt teaching Driving methods and instructional materials to meet students’ varying needs, abilities, and interests.
- Taught students in a classroom setting about the rules of the road and vehicle control.
- Assisted students in the permit obtaining process and examinations.
- Provided hands-on, behind the wheel training to students to help develop and improve their driving skills during their permit phase.
- Providing one-on-one practical driving lessons for students working to get a driver’s license,
- Theoretical training of the students, lectures about traffic rules and road safety laws,
- Keeping records of lessons,
- Member of the Committee on driving licenses.
- Served as an instructor and course manager for security driver training courses with responsibility for planning, organizing, and presenting and/or managing the presentation these courses and for evaluating training effectiveness to ensure that objectives werre met.
- Served as a DS Training Center subject matter expert in security/counterterrorist driving, vehicle dynamics, motorcade operations, and off road driver training.
- Reviewed established training objectives, lesson plans, training materials, and instructional methods prior to the beginning of assigned courses.
- Researched and reviewedcurrent intelligence related to the diplomatic security mission and introduced applicable information into driver training courses.
- Coordinated logistics arrangements for assigned courses including student travel and lodging, interpreters, escort officers, space availability, facilities, and equipment at training sites.
- Developed budget estimates for assigned courses.