- Sweeping newly built homes to prepare them for flooring installation.
- Move additional materials to the lot desired by the project manager.
- Manage sprinklers and water newly laid sod.
- Clean up outside of the buildings, maintaining a clean jobsite.
- Lock windows and doors at the end of the day.
- Helped design Store fronts, Kitchen Cabinets, Drop Ceilings, Floor Tiles.
- Consulted with project manager regarding the cost and quantity of construction materials,
- collaborated with contractors and clients as the on-site engineer for two residential projects.
- Assured the safety of workers at the site through following safety procedures.
- Landscaping duties such as: cutting grass, pulling weeds, and shoveling and laying dirt, sand, & gravel.
- Hammer or drill nails or screws into wood, drywall, or concrete.
- Dig ditches and trenches for electrical and plumbing systems.
- Load, unload, and identify building materials, cinderblocks, bricks, machinery, and tools, distribute them to the appropriate locations.
- Clean, pick up, and prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards.
- Mix concrete or cement and input it into walls and floors carefully.
- Operate jackhammers and drills to break up concrete and pavement.
- Tore off plaster and dry wall to expose inner skeleton
- Replaced insolation within walls and install exterior skeleton.
- Remove foliage and debris out from underside of property and install fencing to prevent buildup under property in the future
- Rip up carpeting and install new carpeting
- Staining of roofing and other interior wood components.
- Gained practical, hands-on knowledge of many aspects of home construction and remodeling.
- Developed a solid knowledge of an extensive array of tools, hardware and building materials.
- Performed demolition work and preparation for renovation projects.
- Performed various carpentry tasks, including installing cabinets, hanging doors, framing rooms, laying flooring, roofing and shingling, and fabricating.
- Assessed work sites where remodeling was desired, and helped determine what needed to be done to complete the requested remodel work.