- Represent clients in all manner of litigation involving family law.
- Accept appointments to serve as Guardian ad Litem for minors and incapacitated persons.
- Represent Children’s Division in Termination of Parental Rights litigation.
- Trial work included bench trials and administrative hearings.
- Prepare small estate plans.
- Draft, review, and revise various agreements
- Assist in the outside general counsel representation of a major power plant owner
- Provide timely, practical answers to client questions
- Lead teams in providing mineral title opinions to energy producers
- Act as an informal mentor to staff members and young lawyers
- Serve on the firm’s wellness advisory committee
- Helped Rio Tinto/Kennecott in the sale of Daybreak, the most significant real estate transaction in Utah history
- Provided extensive title curative work in an important oil and gas transaction
- Represented clients in the acquisition and divestiture of oil and gas interests
- Routinely secured government approval for conveyances involving federal lands
- Drafted oil and gas conveyances and other documents (e.g., stipulations of interest and quiet title lawsuits
- Advised closely held businesses
- Represented fiduciaries
- Drafted complex estate planning documents
- Clerked for firm for two years before passing the bar exam and practicing as an attorney.
- Assisted partners on all aspects of trial preparation including depositions, motion practice, brief writing, and research.
- Tried multiple cases to the bench in small claims and district court.
- Assisted Edge Homes in the sale of over 25 residential communities
- Head of Detention Monitoring Unit (1 November 2016 – June 2018)
- Project manager for Mozambican Mineworker project (June 2016 – June 2017)
- Strategic litigation in developing refugee law
- Supervising interns and candidate attorneys at the law clinic
- Facilitating and supporting dialogue with partner civil society, chapter 9 institutions and governmental bodies
- Research and drafting submissions to government bodies on refugee and migrant related legislations or policies
- Developing advocacy programmes for various target groups