- Coordinates registration and removal of hazardous waste
- Serves as the link between state and local agencies and contractors
- Receives reports from and responds to orders issued by Department of Labor inspectors
- Arranges for OSHA mandated testing and/or evaluations of the workplace by external agencies/consultants
- Establishes safety standards and policies as needed
- Performs emergency response drills
- Watches out for the safety of all workers and works to protect them from entering hazardous situations
- Responds to employees’ safety concerns
safety inspector/general laborer
- Conduct morning Take 5 meetings on a weekly basis.
- Provide weekly reporting on SWPPP and environmental assessments.
- Operational Quality Control of materials to be sold.
- Daily Maintenance and repair on equipment and machinery.
- Establish and build relationships between work groups.
- Trains and carries out drills and exercises on how to manage emergency situations
- Conducts investigations of all accidents and near-misses
- Reports to concerned authorities as requested or mandated by regulations
- Conducts job hazard analyses
- Inspects the site to ensure it is a hazard-free environment
- Conducts toolbox meetings
- Part of the project safety council and leads all efforts to enhance safety
- Reviews and approves all subcontractors safety plans
- Verifies that injury logs and reports are completed and submitted to related government agencies
- Verifies that all tools and equipment are adequate and safe for use
- Promotes safe practices at the job site
- Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment (HIRA), and ensuring Implementation of Control Measures.
- Permit-to-Work System Compliance for Excavation, Hot work, Confined Space Work and shaft entry etc.,
- Routine Site Safety Inspection and Reporting for improvement
- Incident/Accident investigation and reporting.
- Providing safety instructions during tool box talks.
- Organizing safety meeting & safety competitions.
- Inspection and Periodic maintenance Of Fire Fighting equipment.
- Effectively implementing Company HSE Policy at project site, in accordance to all active clients, consultant, local, international accredited best practices and all legal regulations in place.
- Carry out site Inspection on regular basis to ensure the proper Implementation / Adherence of Health, Safety and Environment Standards as per company OHS and Environment & HSE policy.
- Assist the construction site Project Manager / HSE Manager in the application of company HSE Policy & HSE Management System.
- Advising the cost effective and practically possible solutions to construction team to maintain the HSE standards in project.