- Provide radiological consultancy and finalize reports of patients, in multiple fields including X-rays, ultrasound, breast ultrasound and mammograms.
- On an average, volume of work managed is approximately 30-40 reports per day.
- Performing clerical duties, such as word processing, data entry, answering phones and filing
- Performing procedures and uses equipment as delegated by a physician, including blood draws and EKGs.
- Ensures operation of radiology equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains radiology supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Gains patient cooperation by reducing anxieties; providing explanations of treatment; answering questions.
- Prepares patient for radiological procedure by positioning patient; adjusting immobilization devices; moving equipment into specified position; adjusting equipment controls to set exposure factors.
- Minimizes radiation to patient and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques, using beam restrictive devices, patient shielding, and knowledge of exposure factors.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols; following drug protocols in case of reactions to drugs, such as contrast media, administering first aid, and using the emergency cart.
- In my daily life, have to diagnose diseases concerning with hepato-biliary & gastro-intestinal system, genito-urinary system, respiratory & thoracic diseases and rheumatology .
- I also have to provide some interventional procedures such as image guided biopsy, drainage and trans-arterial chemoembolization.
- Obtained information about clients’ medical history, drug history, complaints and allergies
- Maintained a clean, healthy and safe environment
- X-Ray reporting including barium studies, procedures like HSG, IVP, RGU, MCU and bone age estimation ·
- Ultrasonography including duplex and Obstetric Sonography.
- CT Scan reporting- MDCT, HRCT, CECT, CT Angiography, CT Cisternography ·
- MRI Reporting- CEMR, MRA, MRS · Imaging workup of patients in casualty(Surgical and Medical Emergencies) ·
- USG guided FNAC and aspiration of pleural/peritoneal fluid ·
- Assessing patient condition
- Administering medications, injections, and immunizations
- Administering orthopedic treatment and trauma care
- Input and management of patient information through EMR
- Maintained accurate records of patient care, condition, progress and concerns
- Monitoring vital signs, such as blood pressure and pulse.
- Responding appropriately to the physical, emotional and developmental needs of patients