- Identifies and selects vendor to procure requisitioned commodities, meeting criteria such as price, quantity, quality and delivery date and places orders.
- Interprets and communicates purchasing procedures to departments; assists departments in initiating requisitions and orders, and solves problems with orders.
- Process inventory receipts, purchase orders and vendor invoices, including matching and reconciling of related documents.
- Typing purchase orders and doing follow-up phone calls to vendors.
- Processing invoices for payment.
- Updating and distributing numerous bi-monthly and monthly financial reports.
- Keeping daily logs of all purchase orders issued and the dollar amounts.
- Making the travel arrangements for the purchasing department.