punch press operator/packer
- Examine and inspect containers, materials, and products in order to ensure that packing specifications are met.
- Sets up and operates power press to trim, punch, shape, notch, draw, or crimp metal, composite, or plastic stock: Assembles, installs, and aligns dies in press according to specifications, using feelers, shims, templates, bolts, clamps, and wrenches.
- Adjusts ram stroke to specified length.
- Positions workpiece against fixtures or stops on machine bed or on die.
- Starts press and observes operation to detect misalignment or malfunction.
- Inspects workpieces for conformance to specifications, visually or using gauges or templates, and adjusts machine to correct errors.