- Responsible for scheduling patient appointments.
- Experience with the EPIC system.
- Answer telephones and give information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals/departments.
- Work closely with other departments, such as nursing, doctors, medical records and/or authorization clerks, to coordinate excellent patient care.
- Multitask working in 2 or more positions at one time in the department, such as chemo scheduler, outside scheduler, switchboard, check-in, check-out, and/or electronic orders.
- Schedule testing and chemotherapy done at neighboring hospitals using order facilitator.
- Train new employees to work in scheduling.
- Responsible for answering phone calls and scheduling patient appointments.
- Schedule tests, procedures, and referral appointments.
- Communicate with patients regarding appointments and instructions for procedures and tests
- Block off templates and reschedule patient’s as needed
- Cerner Super User
- Answered a high volume of phone calls, triages emergencies and directed other calls to appropriate departments
- Managed high-volume work load, effectively prioritizing tasks to remain organized, promoting prompt and courteous service and compliance with all policies