- Responsible for day to day operations for a full service fire and emergency services organization serving over 100,000 residents
- Handle all hiring, training, and re-certification of employees State and National Certifications
- Develop and manage an annual budget of over $5 million
- Deliver public speaking services to community, Elected Officials and business organizations
- Served as part of 5 member Executive Management Team to assist Elected Officials and County Manager with enhanced service delivery and fiscal responsibility
- Analyze operations to evaluate performance of its staff in meeting objectives.
- Plan or implement policies and training to meet Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Implement specific fire fighting requirements, such as internal reporting and .
- Train department personnel in roles or responsibilities regarding Safety and fire fighting strategies.
- Develop plans or set goals to reduce risk and increase safety awareness
- Served as the senior Fire and Emergency Services Officer and technical advisor to the Installation Commanding Officer at Naval Support Activity Naples, Italy on behalf of the Regional Fire Chief. Managed all aspects of installation’s comprehensive fire protection, prevention, and training programs. Directly supervise (2) Assistant Fire Chiefs with shared responsibilities for the supervision of (72) personnel providing fire protection for two geographically separate installations and a category II airfield. Served as the Senior Fire Officer (SFO) in the Emergency Operation Center (EOC).
- Sets policy on fire protection, prevention, training, and emergency management programs and ensured current life safety codes, national fire codes, and instruction are utilized to promote comprehensive program success; ensured programs were implemented and policies revised as organizational objectives and goals change; maintained operational readiness to meet mission objectives.
- Ensured employees observe established policies, rules and regulations, manage informal complaints and/or grievances closely with Human Resources (HR) and in line with the Host Nation Conditions Of Employment on all personnel matters such: as hiring, step/grade increases, performance, time in service awards, and disciplinary actions.
- Accountable for procurement of specialized fire equipment, personnel protective items, fire-training material, and fire station support equipment. Exercises fiscal responsibility as Government Purchase Card Approving Official.