- Receive applications for new enrollments and plan changes.
- Determine eligibility based on the information provided on the application and systems.
- Medicare & Medicaid Focused
- Ability to multi task
- Meet process goals on an hourly basis
- Assisted caller with information pertaining to Medicaid.
- Answered calls about Medicaid Application and renewal.
- Assisted caller with information regarding their Medicaid coverage.
- Assisted caller with renewal packet.
- Compile, record, and evaluate personal and financial data in order to verify completeness and accuracy, and to determine eligibility status.
- Complete phone interviews for 10-20 applicants a day
- Determine a family’s eligibility for Food Stamps, MO Healthnet, Child Care and Temporary Assistance.
- Able to process time-sensitive benefits accurately and quickly.
- Maintain open lines of communication with Human Resources department heads of various companies.
- Determine insurance effective dates and types of insurance coverage for employees of various companies.
- Make changes and adjustments to employees coverage and plans.
- Work closely with Account Managers, Underwriting and Cobra departments.
- Plan and design medical ID and prescription ID cards, present them to various companies for approval.
- Work in a timely manner, to enter enrollment forms for employees of various companies, to ensure completion of open enrollment within designated timeframe.
eligibility specialist /administrative assistant
- Insured customers with special needs received all possible benefits that they are qualified for, through research and development of individual plan for each family.
- Responsible for informing customers of their benefits eligibility from the government and as well as accompanied them to their appointments.
- Acted as a liaison with the office of social security and food stamps.
- Advocated on behalf of all customers by attending the necessary government office meetings, and providing correct information so that their benefits continued.
- Coordinated meetings with clientele and government offices to solve discrepancies.
- Contested any discrepancies that might occur with the customers’ benefits by the collection of all necessary data to support the clients’ needs for government help.