- Provide basic obedience training with the owner and also develop therapy programs to correct conductual and socialize problems
- Had the highest likelihood to recommend of all Petsmart dog trainers in the number one district in 2016
- Keep records of paperwork
- Assist with the local dog 4H program.
- Attend functions and events to promote business, answer questions, and provide demonstrations.
- Managed the care of 10-15 dogs at a time
- Lead dog training classes to groups of 7-15 people
- Organized a variety of classes form Puppy classes to Competitive Rally-Obedience (American Kennel Club Dog Sport)
- Received praises from customers for training being completed in a timely manner, as well as a positive attitude
- Competed in nationally open competitions with a dog I trained
- Provide Canine Welfare for all canine.
- Follow established training protocols in the training of canines.
- Properly utilize canine training equipment to include safety equipment for canines and trainers.
- Train and manage multiple canines through the training process, from Initial training through certification.
- Behavior modification consultancy.
dog trainer/kennel attendant
- Train dogs on basic obedience according to company guidelines.
- Understand individual dogs needs and abilities
- Oversee the feeding and watering of all dogs on the premises for the morning and afternoon.
- Maintain kennel cleanliness on a daily basis.
- Interact with customers including taking payments, dog food, and all of the dogs basic needs
- Observe the dogs in the kennels and report any irregularities in health or behavior.
- Walk all dogs on the premises twice a day.
- Clean, shape, and polish nails, using clippers, rotary tool, balms, and polishes.
- Evaluating a dogs needs and ensuring each dogs specific needs are met
- Creating schedules
- Speaking in front of crowds
- Conduct classes, workshops, and demonstrations to teach techniques, or methods.
- Talk to or interact with animals to familiarize them to human voices or contact.
- Shampoo, rinse, condition and dry hair and skin with water, liquid soap, dryers, and/or other solutions.
- Demonstrate and sell products.
- Answer inquiries from the public concerning dog behavior.
- Train dogs in human assistance.
- Conduct training programs in order to develop and maintain desired animal behaviors for competition, entertainment, obedience, service work, therapy work, and general good behavior.
- Oversee Canine Good Citizen and S.T.A.R. Puppy evaluations through the American Kennel Club
- Keep records of class attendance for dog and handler teams.
- Explain and demonstrate exercises in a group class environment.
- Address questions and concerns from clients and develop plan to address concerns.
- Teach classes and private sessions to dog owners.
- Responsible for handling payments and record keeping.
- Perform puppy evaluations and service dog consolations.
- Demonstrations with my own dog for school and community groups.
- Conduct training programs in order to develop and maintain desired animal behaviors for competition, entertainment, obedience, and security.
- Keep records documenting animal health, diet, or behavior.
- Create personalized training plans.
- Clean facilities and equipment such as dog pens and animal control trucks.
- Educate the public about animal welfare, and animal control laws and regulations.
- Organize the adoption of unclaimed animals.
- Cue or signal animals during performances.
- Preparing new dog owners of the importance of early training.
- Teaching basic commands such as sit, down, come, and stay.
- Preparing each dog for the canine good citizen.
- Ensuring a dog and owner coexist happily and lessening the chance of re-homing
- Eradicating unhealthy and unwanted behaviors
- Helping dog owners with difficult behavioral issues such as fear aggression, leash aggression, and separation anxiety
- Educating owners about the importance of proper nutrition, regular vet check ups, and appropriate toys for each life stage
dog trainer/guest experience specialist
- Acting as a subject matter expert for Petco’s Positive Dog Training Program, products, services, and in-store promotions
- Coaching, encouraging and motivating dogs and pet parents
- Effectively deliver formal presentations
- Achieve Dog Training goals by offering creative training solutions
- Assisting in the loading, unloading, and stocking of merchandise
- Ensuring that store animals receive the highest quality care and are maintained in clean, safe and secure habitats
dog trainer/guest advisor
- Maintain animal health and wellness.
- Set daily goals and targets for individual team members.
- Promote Dog Training Sales, and deliver effective communication and training.
- Supply animals with food, water, and personal care.
- Maintain accurate and complete student records as required by laws and/or policies.
- Conduct classes, workshops, and demonstrations to teach principles, techniques, or methods in training.
- Collaborate with other team members professionals in the development of instructional programs.
- Obedience training dogs using knowledge of breed characteristics, training methods, and the peculiarities of each ani
- Assist with duties in other areas of the store, such as monitoring animal care and assisting guests.
- Also cross-trained in the grooming salon:
- Update and maintain customer information records, such as services provided.
- Train dogs in human assistance or property protection duties.
- Conduct training programs in order to develop and maintain desired animal behaviors for competition, entertainment, obedience, security, riding and related areas.
- Operate euthanasia equipment to destroy animals.
- Examine animals for injuries or malnutrition, and arrange for any necessary medical treatment.
- Observe animals for signs of illness, injury, or unusual behavior; notifying veterinarians or managers as warranted.
- Train workers in animal care procedures, maintenance duties, and safety precautions.
- Treat animal illnesses or injuries, following experience or instructions of veterinarians.
- Assign tasks such as feeding and treatment of animals, and cleaning and maintenance of animal quarters.
- Perform the same animal care duties as subordinates.
- Prepare reports concerning facility activities, employees’ time records, and animal treatment.
- Plan budgets and arrange for purchase of animals, feed, or supplies.