- Repair or replace malfunctioning components, parts, and other mechanical or electrical equipment.
- Test-drive vehicles to ensure that they run smoothly.
- Inspect completed work to certify that maintenance meets standards and equipment is ready for operation.
- Repair and maintain the fleet of buses and district vehicles
- Test electronic computer components.
- Diagnose or repair problems with electronic equipment.
- Install equipment and accessories such as cameras and security systems
- Enter codes and instructions for program computer-controlled machinery.
- Disassemble and overhaul internal combustion engines, pumps, generators, transmissions, clutches, and differential units
- Building and modification of custom parts for agricultural equipment
- Prepare parts sketches and write work orders and purchase requests to be furnished by outside contractors.
- Follow a checklist of inspection procedures.
- Test drive vehicles to diagnose malfunctions.
- Read and interpret diagnostic test results from diagnostic equipment.
- Raise trucks, buses, and heavy parts or equipment by using hydraulic jacks or hoists.
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, transmissions, engines, and other parts of vehicles.
- Do routine maintenance, such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and parts.
- Adjust and align wheels, tighten bolts and screws, and attach system components.
- Repair or replace defective ball joint suspensions, brake shoes, wheel bearings, or adjust vehicle brake systems.
- Align wheels, axles, frames, and steering mechanisms of military vehicles, using special alignment equipment and wheel-balancing machines.
- Performed preventive maintenance checks and services before, during, and after any type of movement or use of military equipment
- Brake and Airbrake maintenance and repairs
- Perform preventative maintenance items and inspections according to WIDOT
- Remove and replace engine, chassis, braking, power train, air, and electrical components
- Diagnose minor repairs
- Overhaul of cylinder heads
- Field operational equipment inspections
- Engine software updates
- Fault finding and problem solving
- Stripping and re assembling of engines, gearboxes and drivetrains
- Injector testing and adjustment
- Removing and replacing of injector pumps (Spill Timing)
- Engine replacement and fitting
- Diagnose and repair Cummins, Caterpillar, and Mack engines
- Remove and replace engine, transmission; drivetrain, chassis, brake, electrical, hydraulic, and air components
- Diagnose electrical, mechanical, air and hydraulic problems
- Perform preventative maintenance
- Perform inspections according to the WIDOT
- Fabrication work
diesel mechanic / refrigeration technician
- Performed routine maintenance and repairs on chillers and all refrigerated equipment on the ship.
- Took readings on various machinery in engine rooms.
- Worked on small diesel boats.
- Maintained and serviced high pressure air compressors.
- In charge of all repairs to hot water tanks, and reverse osmosis systems.
- Use handtools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, lathes, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists.
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition.
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery.
- Raise trucks, buses, and heavy parts or equipment using hydraulic jacks or hoists.
- Test drive trucks and buses to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly.
- Adjust and reline brakes, align wheels, tighten bolts and screws, and reassemble equipment.
- Properly diagnose a multitude of conditions related to customer concerns.
- Prepare work orders to relay information to superiors and customers, explaining conditions and concerns.
- Utilizing proper torque to machine spec.
- Extensive tool knowledge.
- Maintain repair logs, documenting all preventive and corrective vehicle maintenance.
- Clean, refuel, and change oil in the vehicles
- cleaning and maintenance of workshop
- cleaning truck parts
- Afterhours breakdown service
- General servicing and repairs to heavy vehicles.
- Consult with customers to determine the nature of malfunctions.
- minor servicing and maintenance of Scania trucks and buses
- Cut openings and drill holes for fixtures and equipment, u
- Use handtools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, and jacks and hoists.
- Adjust brakes, align wheels, tighten bolts and screws, and reassemble equipment.
- Test drive trucks to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly.
diesel mechanic, electrician, pump tech
- Troubleshoot engine, and emissions control systems, using electronic testing equipment.
- Diagnose, repair or overhaul Cummins, Caterpillar, Detroit and International engines.
- Diagnose and repair Allison transmissions.
- Inspect and prepare proper documentation per federal DOT standards.
- Examine vehicles, evaluate needed repairs and parts, prepare documentation for Service Writer to obtain approvals.
- Troubleshoot fuel and emissions control systems, using electronic testing equipment.
- Repair, overhaul or adjust air operated systems.
- Repair or rebuild clutch and transmission systems.
- Install or repair HVAC equipment and service components, such as compressors, condensers and controls.
- Repair or replace tractor and trailer suspensions systems.
- Inspect and test electrical or electronic systems to locate and diagnose malfunctions, using visual inspections and testing instruments such as oscilloscopes, voltmeters and computer diagnostic software programs.
- Worked late afternoons and graveyard shifts
- Traveled between Helena and Warm Springs
- Ordering and transportation of parts and equipment
- Quality control of equipment and fleet vehicles
- provide accurate and efficient services to customers by troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing heavy duty semi-truck trailers
- knowledge and experience working on commercial truck tires, preventive maintenance, air brake, electrical and air conditioning systems
- Adhering to an inspection procedure checklist.
- Maintaining a parts inventory.
- Running diagnostic tests on vehicles.
- Analyzing diagnostic test results.
- Replacing vehicle engines, steering mechanisms, transmissions and braking systems.
- Checking vehicle lighting systems.
- Test driving vehicles to gauge performance.
- Performing preventative maintenance on service trucks.
- Maintaining detailed records of serviced vehicles.
- Prepared maintenance reports for all military vehicles in our compound.
- Troubleshooting and repairing problems associated with the vehicles.
- Reading diagrams to troubleshoot problems.
- Rebuild gas and diesel engines.
diesel mechanic/recovery specialist
- Towing & Recovery
- Service AAA Calls & Police Calls
- Unlocks, Jump Start, Tire Changes
- Diesel Mechanic
- Completed work experience as a diesel mechanic at Agrimac Warrnambool Branch
- Install new tractors with front end loaders and pre-delivery services
- Washed and detailed tractors inside and out
- Out in field fault diagnoses and servicing
- Operated heavy machinery to prepare metal products according to customer specifications
- Prepared broken parts for welding by properly grooving and scarfing surfaces
- Inspected grooves, angles and gap allowances with micrometer, caliper and precision measuring instruments
- Repaired and maintained heavy-duty and construction machinery
- Trained, coached and supported staff members to maximize productivity
- Used power tools to grind, sand and polish metals, plastics and wood products
- Fabricated and altered parts with metal hammers, punches, drills and shears
- Verified product quality by checking products for accuracy and completing necessary adjustments
diesel mechanic/shop foreman
- Completed preventative maintenance on engines, transmissions, tires and other vehicle systems
- Performed checklist of fluid levels, air filter, tire pressure and more as part of service orders
- Put in new vehicle systems and components
- Diagnosed problems with brakes, steering and transmissions using visual inspections, computer programs and specialized equipment
- Documented orders, daily activities, weekly schedules and team performance
- Arranged and stored materials, machines, tools and equipment
- Reduced downtime during production by maintaining equipment and reducing unnecessary maintenance
- Performed scheduled maintenance on tractors such as oil changes, sensor replacements,
- Repaired or replace defective ball joint suspensions, brake shoes, seals and wheel bearings.
- Assist trailer mechanics with repairs when needed.
- Replaced and cleaned electrical and electronic components such as lights, radios, and GPS monitors.
- Removed and replaced seats, carpeting, interiors parts, and door panels.
- Data-entry of work performed for supplies used and work performed.
- Boot Camp, Marine Combat Training, and Military Occupational Specialty 3521 Motor Transportation Mechanic Training.
- Deployed to Afghanistan for 7 months in April 2010 – October 2010
- Extracting and repairing vehicles involved in IED attacks
- Severed as a Squad Leader managing Junior Marines, delegating work,
- Attended Corporal Course
- Served as a Quality Control NCO.
- Worked on heavy equipment, company trucks
- Did routine maintance
- Deliver parts to worksites
- Repair heavy equipment on site
- Maintaned and repaired diesel trucks,trailers and equipment.
- Performed preventative and scheduled maintenance.
- Clean and lubricate component parts.
- Disassemble engines to inspect part and cylinders, for corrosion, wear, warping, cracks, and leaks, using precision measuring instruments
- General diesel repair and maintenance
- Hydraulic system diagnostic and repair
- Remove and rebuild PTO’s
- Weld, repair, or replace trailer floors, subframes, dolly legs, rear/upper hatches, burner systems
- Transport tanker trailers to remote unloading site when necessary