dialysis patient care technician
- Prepares the dialyzer and dialysis delivery system for use: monitors all equipment in use for correct functioning.
- Conducts acute/chronic hemodialysis procedures using sterile techniques; initiates and terminates dialysis; monitors equipment and makes necessary adjustments; disposes of waste materials; clens component parts with sterile solutions. Following Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines.
- Monitors patients during dialysis & after each treatment; notifies nurse supervisor of atypical symptoms.
- Record & tabulates patient data for records and repots to care-team planning to achieve goals.
- May administer medications under the supervision of a registered nurse within written limitations estalished by law or regulations.
- Complies with established hospital policies and procedures and state mandates.