- Ensured proper safety standards were met
- Appropriately identified and explained procedure to patient
- Licensed RT(R) by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
- BLS certified through 04/2019
- Ensures proper safety standards are met
- Appropriately identifies and explains procedure to patient
- Responsible for post processing after acquiring CT images, sending exams through PACS and completing exams in electronic patient charting
- Operate CT equipment for diagnostic purposes.
- Start IV’s and administer IV contrast for use in diagnosing patients for proper treatment of disease.
- Put patients at ease who are fearful of testing procedures.
- Perform diagnostic computed tomography images as well as assist physicians with other radiology requests.
senior ct technologist
- Perform Routine CT scans per department protocol.
- Assist Interventional radiologist in CT guided biopsies, knowledge of catheters, guide wires, drainage tubes and aseptic technique.
- Venous puncture certification to include IV starts and accessing Port Implants for injection and placement verification.
- Stocking materials, QA performance and room readiness.
- Attend monthly meetings.
- Utilizes PACS System and applies appropriate post processing as dictated by required protocol
- Maintains continuity of care by communicating pertinent patient information with appropriate health care professionals
- Maintains supply inventory
- Participates in departmental In-Service training programs
- Stocked supplies, maintained cleanliness, and did quantity assurance of CT scanners
- Assisted the Radiologist with biopsies, drainages, cryo ablations, and chest tube placement
- Skilled in CT Angiography and trained on TeraRecon to assist Radiologists when needed
- Trained on PACS and EPIC
- Ability to train and educate all staff and students in CT scanning
- Assisted physicians and conducted routine and emergency CT scans
- Reviewed CT exams for Quality Management with minimal supervision
- Stocked supplies, maintained cleanliness, and quality assurance of scanners
- Trained in PACS
- Operated equipment safely and maintained A.L.A.R.A. standards while performing all types of procedures.
- Performed routine scans as per ordering physician in compliance with department guidelines, started IVs and administered contrast injections.
- Edited, corrected, and advised providers to ensure the patient was receiving the correct exam facilitating high standards of patient safety.
- Served a diverse caseload including children, adolescents, geriatric and trauma patients.
- Demonstrated competence in the setup and acquisition of prescribed C.T. procedures in accordance with established departmental/hospital policies and procedures
- Proficiently operates CT equipment following established guidelines and protocols
- Starts and establishes IV access according to standard procedure
- Utilizes Power Injectors to administer and monitor contrast media
- Performs daily quality assurance checks on equipment
- Practices sterile technique and assists radiologist with various interventional procedures
- Utilizes PACS system and applies appropriate post processing as dictated by required protocol
- Maintains continuity of care by communicating pertinent patient information with appropriate healthcare professionals
- Per diem CT techonologist; works with two GE 64-slice scanners and one GE 128-slice scanner to perform examinations and assist radiologists with sterile procedures in compliance with safety protocols and ALARA standards.
- Prepares patients for exams by inspecting IV catheter placement, obtaining medical histories, and analyzing patients’ lab values to ensure patients can receive examinations safely.
- Obtains reasons for exams and medical histories to make sure the best study is done for the patient based on symptoms. Examples include making sure IV contrast is ordered for evaluating possibility of pulmonary embolism or aortic dissection.
- Experience working with inpatients, outpatients, and emergency room patients.
- Experience working as a team with other technologists to make sure patients get their scans done in a timely manner. Can also work independently.
- Proficiently operated CT equipment following established guidelines and protocols
- Started and established IV access according to standard procedure
- Utilized Power Injectors to administer and monitor contrast media
- Performed daily quality assurance checks on equipment
- Practiced sterile technique and assisted radiologist with various interventional procedures
- Utilized PACS system and applied appropriate post processing as dictated by required protocol
- Maintained continuity of care by communicating pertinent patient information with appropriate healthcare professionals
- Performs routine CT scans, Ct Virtual Colonscopy, CTA Coronary Scans, Calcium Scoring.
- Perform post scan reconstruction on Syngo Via workstation.
- Scheduling patients, insurance verification and order stock.
- QA performance daily.
- Operated GE CT scanner to provide high quality CT scans for diagnostic purposes.
- Started IV’s and administered IV contrast.
- Operated other computers, computer programs, and office equipment as needed.
- Explained the procedures to patients and answered their questions to put them at ease prior to and during the exam.
- Perform a variety of routine and specialized procedures. Schedule exams in accordance with protocols and procedures. Maintain operational and productive workflow every shift that I am assigned to the floor manager position.
- Competent in Neurology, Body, Thoracic, Cardiac, Pediatric, Musculoskeletal and biopsy protocols and procedures. Competent in computer skills to include: Epic, ISP, TERA RECON and PACS.
- Explain treatment procedures and instructions to patients.
- Prepare rooms, equipment, or supplies and ensure that stock of supplies is maintained.
- Provide training or instruction of personnel or students.
- Venous Puncture Certification
- Attend Monthly staff meetings and morning huddles.