- Balanced the need for loan-volume growth with the equally important necessity of optimum underwriting quality to minimize risk while maximizing profitability.
- Ensured loan submittals met internal and external eligibility requirements. Gained extensive experience in underwriting FHA, VA and Fannie Mae loans.
- Maintained meticulous attention to detail in underwriting mortgages. Evaluated the financial strength of borrowers to determine risk and repayment capacity.
- Leveraged knowledge of loan products to help restructure turned-down loans for subsequent approvals. Maintained compliance with lending, underwriting and government requirements.
- Demonstrated excellent follow-through with borrowers, loan processors, loan originators and management throughout all phases of the underwriting process.
- Prepared detailed reports to present analysis of client creditworthiness to the Bank’s credit committee