287 Custer Street, Hopewell, PA 00000
I built my first computer when I was 13 and knew I was obsessed. I looked into investing and starting a business when I was 15. I’m now ready to take my step into the professional world to learn all that I can about managing businesses and working on computers. Every since I built my first computer I’ve been dreaming of the day I can say I haven’t worked a day in my life because I go to work every day excited to fix computers and learn all that I can.
Rohan-Cronin. Elizebethbury, Washington
Jul. 2017 – Present
This was my first self employment experiment and I am quite happy where it has gone. After working for myself doing commercial landscaping I gained the skills required to talk to many people (mainly other business managers), to work out deals, and to sell my service. I invested much of what I got back into the company and learned how to do my best at every job I did.
Senior Computer Tech, Veum, Russel and Heidenreich. Hermistonborough, Pennsylvania
Apr. 2019 – Present
This was one of my two self employment ventures. I’ve always loved working on computers and so I decided to start my own business doing it out of my basement. This led to a lot of happy customers and sealed my faith in my computer repair skills. I would like to pursue a job in computer repair, though, because I feel that I need to gain more experience in a professional environment. I hope to one day open my own repair shop and this will be a great stepping stone. Some of the abilities I have are listed below.
- Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems.
- Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Prepare evaluations of software or hardware, and recommend improvements or upgrades.
- Inspect equipment and read order sheets to prepare for delivery to users.
- Converse with customers to determine details of equipment problems.
- Reassemble machines after making repairs or replacing parts.
- Test new systems to ensure that they are in working order.
- Complete repair bills, shop records, time cards, or expense reports.
West Institute, Kimikoton, Oklahoma
High School Diploma, Present
- Reinstalling software programs or adjust settings on existing software to fix machine malfunctions.
- Multitask when working on projects to ensure prompt and attentive service at all times
- Testing new systems to ensure that they are in working order.
- Installing and configuring new equipment, including operating software or peripheral equipment.
- Calibrating testing instruments.
- Closing tech requests when job has been completed.
- Fixing technology issues at Dawson and Sunset.
- Overseeing the daily performance of computer systems.
- Setting up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software.
- Setting up printers.
- Administer CA State Testing.
- Setup student programs such as Star, MobyMax, and Read180.
- Making Kaseya tech requests for each technology issue.
- Setting up accounts for Dawson and Sunset.
- Fixing Apple Devices, Promethean Projectors, Promethean Boards.
- Troubleshooting all electronic devices.
- Maintain computer labs in working conditions.
- Creating program accounts for Sunset and Dawson.
- Password recovery.
- Setting up laptops for new teachers.
- Installing wireless configurations to Apple TV devices.
- Fixing teacher technology issues.
- Setting up audio for Promethean Boards.
- Making sure all students and teachers have access to all programs.
computer tech/network server analyst
- Manage district VOIP Shoretel/Mitel system
- Monitor and maintain district Uninterruptible Power Systems (UPS)
- Manage SolarWinds support ticketing (TSR) system
- Lead “Help Desk” telephone support technician
- Desktop/Laptop/Mobile Device Hardware & Software support
- O365/AD user account management
- Calibrate and troubleshoot interactive projectors
- Refereed major hardware or software problems or defective products to vendors or technicians for service.
- Reassembled machines after making repairs or replacing parts.
- Advised customers concerning equipment operation, maintenance, or programming.
- Tested new systems to ensure that they are in working order.
- Maintained parts inventories and order any additional parts needed for repairs.
- Aligned, adjusted, or calibrated equipment according to specifications.