287 Custer Street, Hopewell, PA 00000
Positive, hardworking, hands-on leader with 8+ years’ experience managing restaurant operations at high-end establishments. Adept at leading both back of house and front of house employees ensuring the highest standards of customer service and food quality. Expert in the areas of scheduling, inventory management, food, labor, and supply costing, and food safety policies and guidelines.
Banquet Captain, Wisozk and Sons. New Zana, North Dakota
Jan. 2019 – Present
- Monitor compliance with health and fire regulations regarding food preparation and serving, and building maintenance in lodging and dining facilities.
- Schedule staff hours and assign duties.
- Establish standards for personnel performance and customer service.
- Take dining reservations.
Waiter, Christiansen LLC. Lake Claudeton, North Dakota
Jun. 2012 – Nov. 2012
- Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- Collect payments from customers.
- Write patrons’ food orders on order slips, memorize orders, or enter orders into computers for transmittal to kitchen staff.
North Paucek, West Emile, Idaho
High School Diploma, Nov. 2006
- Hired to serve as Banquet Server, within months of demonstrating capabilities, promoted to take on responsibilities and title of Banquet Supervisor. Supervised and trained banquet staff of 30+ employees in accordance with business needs, productivity, and Marriott service standards. Oversaw functions of 50 – 800 individuals including government, corporate association, religious and educational groups.
- Received numerous positive surveys by name, leadership skills throughout event planning, management, and follow-through. Earned ‘event planner pin’ and nominated on several occasions for ‘employee of the month’ due to dedication to roles responsibilities.
- Tasked with responsibility of supervising banquet human resources; effectively retained and motivated associates through training, developing, and empowering. Conducted performance and salary reviews, resolved employee issues, provided open communication, and recommended discipline and termination, as appropriate.
- Achieve Silver for Service Excellence Award.
- Serve VIPs such as presidents, ministers, royal families and etc.
- Execute and coordinate daily banquet events.
- Setup and turnover function rooms.
- Manage and train part-timers.
- Oversee timeliness and quality of food delivery at high-volume events.
- Liaise with venue management to monitor logistics and timelines.
- Skillfully promote items on beverage lists and restaurant specials.
- Deliver quality service by providing a warm and welcoming environment.
- Supervise service teams through setup, execution & teardown of events, meeting & food and beverage services
- Oversee Banquet event bartending, ensuring proper service
- Manage a number of different clientele & events in the convention center
- Maintain Strong communications with all departments of the hotel
- Provide Hospitable guest service to all guests & clientele
- Occasionaly Bartend
- Constantly maintained and oversaw customer satisfaction
- Managed inventory and ordered products according to budget
- Communicated with venue personnel to coordinate event logistics
- Delegated tasked to team members to optimize productivity
- Oversaw all banquet service operations and ensured that all banquet service details were executed.
- Reviewed Banquet Event Orders (BEO’s) at the beginning of each shift to ensure rooms were set as contracted.
- Responsible for the performance of the banquet staff during events.
- Provided leadership to the staff in the absence of the banquet manager.
- Managed the cost and quality control of banquet services.
- Oversaw the Banquet Team for an efficient running of events
- Trained banquet servers and bartenders
- Scheduled banquet staff
- completed event billing and other office work
- Communicated with all hotel departments to provide excellent guest service
- Assign duties for banquet staff
- supervise the cleanliness at event venues
- greet and guide guest at the event venue
- organise and supervise special events i.e weddings
- solve clients complaints
- ensure food and beverages are ready set on time
- Provide assistance to staff members by inspecting rooms or setting tables .